Saturday, July 7, 2007

<http://www.blackcommentator.com/236/236_color_of_law_clarence_thomas.html>

what is wrong with this court?

I have been very busy studying for the bar and did not pay much attention to the SCOTUS decisions that have come down this term. I am aware of the few that were noted in last Sunday's NYT. One of particular interest was the Seattle school case. At my school, St. John's, we had opposing parties who performed the oral arguments appear and discuss the case. It also was the topic of the write- on competition for Law Review.

This article above struck me because of the power of Malcolm X's prophetic words written back in 1963. It also was interesting because there was a quote from A. Leon Higginbothum, a 3rd circuit federal judge who one of my favorite professors clerked for when he got out of law school.

No comments: